Skip to toolbar

[unofficial Weekender] Why is G'Wullu seemingly invincible?

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial Weekender] Why is G'Wullu seemingly invincible?

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Companies:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pagan8th 1 hour, 30 minutes ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42821xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy and paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

https://www.beastsofwar.com/forums/topic/introduce-yourselves-new-member-thread/

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save you any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil. This includes no philosophy, no home computer culture wars.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy and paste ###

Topic of the week:

Why is G’Wullu seemingly invincible?

My take on this:

Every time I (and others) talk about why G’Wullu is seemingly so invincible in our hobby, the same argument keeps coming up:

• Visibility: Warhammer is *everywhere* Every medium, every toy shop – there’s Warhammer everywhere. From collector’s magazines in the supermarket to Monopoly 40k in the games shop to speciality games in bookshops
    • Recognisability: If you’ve seen one Warhammer product, you’ll recognise them all. The design is so uniform that there is hardly any confusion
    • Money: G’Wullu has resources and can afford a lot. Such as distribution centres outside their home country.

But there’s one thing I’ve never realised (at least not to me): they offer their products in several languages at the same time! With most other manufacturers, you have to wait (sometimes a long time) for the (often English) rulebook to finally come out in your own language. G’Wullu releases its shit in:

• English (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Ireland etc.)
    • French (Canada, France, Belgium)
    • German (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)
    • Spanish (Spain)
    • Italian (Italy)

warhammer_sprachen

This covers an enormous area. Africa and Asia are somewhat ‘left behind’, but in both cases there are also many countries that have Spanish, French or English (still a gift from the colonial era)

No small business from Nottingham and the surrounding area can afford that. And as long as G’Wullu remains ‘universally readable’, other manufacturers will have a hard time knocking it off its throne.

pagan8th
    Participant
    10727xp

Achilles had his heel. Smaug had his missing scale. There’s always a weakness. Just have to find it.

Would an elder sign work on G’wullu like it does Cthulhu and friends.

GW made itself vulnerable this year with the custodes lore change and mention of female space marines. If the 40k series goes ahead and they break the lore… hard core fans may withdraw from the game taking their money with them… that’s their true vulnerability… money… if people stop buying their overpriced products they become weakened.

I went through a GW phase, so I have pile of their crap. Now I only buy if I see a miniature I want and that’s usually for something other than a GW product. The 40k setting is horrible because everyone is skum. AoS is too focused on fantasy marines. Old World used to be interesting, but the new edition is too focused on selling books for each faction.

My skirmish games of choice now are 7TV and Dead Man’s Hand and I can use whatever minis I like for both of those.

P.S. GW make everything sound stupid with their made up pseudo latin names for factions, units, weapons etc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)