Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] three, two, one, LIFTOFF!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] three, two, one, LIFTOFF!

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 31 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

limburger
    21628xp
    Cult of Games Member

@horati0nosebl0wer paint mixing is ‘scary’ … and pre-mixed colours are ‘convenient’
    Although one could probably create a set of core paintcolours, combine them with a tutorial work from there.

At the same time it looks like that GW appears to focus on the use of pre-mixed colours in various compositions (sp?) so people buy more of their paint.
    Do GW painting tutorials even talk about mixing colours ?

I remember that when I was at school we had a paint set of a few basic colours (red, yellow, blue, black, white and burnt umber?). I think we only ever used it to paint a colour wheel, which in hindsight feels like a missed opportunity …

Scale75 has a ‘colour theory’ set .. but then their entire paint ranges appear to designed to be mixed. At least that’s the impression I get.

I think that pre-mixed colours do make painting armies easier, ’cause there’s a more consistent colour from beginning to end (unless you buy the new Agrax Earthshade from GW and learn the hard way that they can’t keep their formulas consistent … 😉 )

sundancer
    42779xp
    Cult of Games Member

New thread! Get it while it’s hot…

…bad phrasing.

[unofficial weekender] First week of leave done

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)