Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] SKELLIBOBTIME!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] SKELLIBOBTIME!

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

So I just got back from holidays (visiting family in Sicily – weather was amazing since you ask) got all my catching up to do at work this morning and get ready for the oncoming tsunami of dross that everyone else has put aside for the last ten days, insisting “Chris can do that when he gets back”. But you know what I want to do, more than anything? Sack it all off and paint some minis!

The 30-minute October challenge was great fun (while I was involved). It’d be great if something similar were to spring up out of nowhere for November….

As for questions – well, let’s take a look:

Questions:

Do you care about Halloween at all?
    Not in the slightest. Though maybe I’m a bit of an old fart. I *do* love seeing the kids all dressed up and running about and squealing with delight at it all. It’s just not for me. A bit like when the Hare Krishnas parade along Brighton seafront with their big brightly coloured wagon, I don’t care for it a jot. But at the same time, seeing how much pleasure other people get from it, I tend to end up thinking “well, that was nice”.

Have you been taking care of yourself?
    Strangely, I have. Watching the old waistline and trying to drop a few post-covid pounds (I’m down around two stone since you ask) but then I just went to Sicily where I’m convinced the “mediterranean diet” is just a myth. Salad and fish and pomodoros and olive oil? Deep fried rice and Nutella pizzas more like!

Do you realise itโ€™s just two more months until Christmas?
    Yes. And I’m really looking forward to it. Possibly because I just booked an apartment in Noto for the whole of March next year, so it breaks the four month wait into two more-manageable two-month lumps. But also because I’m quite looking forward to spending some time with “the other half” of the family for a while too.

It’s Wednesday now, and work’s about to start, so I’d better just leave you with this and check in a bit later….

(yes, southern Europe seems to have a bit of an 80s music obsession. I love it!)

sundancer
    42787xp
    Cult of Games Member

welcome back Blinky. Hope the bright evil daystar didn’t burn you ๐Ÿ˜‰ Looking forward to more pictures from minis.

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

It’s Friday. I’m ready for the weekend reset. It looks like two days of rain, here on the south coast of the UK. So I’m planning *lots* of hobby time. Where is everyone? Am I just a little early this week?

sundancer
    42787xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yeah, good question. Usually I do a fresh thread every week but interaction on the forums has become… very random? The “paint 30 minutes a day in october” thread was the most active thread in a long time. everything else seems to fall flat on their faces for some odd reason.

Today I didn’t start a new thread mainly (to be honest) I didn’t have time. Work was in the way ๐Ÿ™‚

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

When even @sundancer has given up on the forums… sad days ๐Ÿ˜‰

The 30-minute challenge was great fun (even though I bailed half-way through and went on holiday). I wouldn’t be upset if another one ran for November.

sundancer
    42787xp
    Cult of Games Member

Who said I am giving up on forums? I was actually busy for once!

I have a new thread lined up but currently some anti spam measures block me from posting… “using form to often” MY ASS.

Let’s see if this gets posted.

Nope, cock blocked by

*** Forbidden. You sent forms too often. Please wait a few minutes. ***

again.

second try at 22:16

third try at 22:25

forth try at 22:44

fifth try at 23:36

sundancer
    42787xp
    Cult of Games Member

Ok, now I could post… let’s see if I can do a second post in a timely manner.

New thread: https://www.beastsofwar.com/forums/topic/unofficial-weekender-don-not-call-me-a-quitter/

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)