Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Size doesn't matter

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Size doesn't matter

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 5 hours, 13 minutes ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42670xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy and paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

https://www.beastsofwar.com/forums/topic/introduce-yourselves-new-member-thread/

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save you any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil. This includes no philosophy, no home computer culture wars.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy and paste ###

Question of the week:

• What scale/size of miniatures do you prefer with your tiny fighting men and why?

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42670xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge: Do more painting on my gnomes

Answer: currently it’s 28mm. Just because I’m familiar and comfortable with it. And no other game of mine is a different scale. Battletech sort of fall between the cracks because it’s technically a different scale but the minis are 28’ish

Music:

pagan8th
    Participant
    9842xp

Pledge… I got a few this week…

1) Get out of this inspirational rut when it comes to planning RPG sessions…

2) Play the concluding act of Dead Man’s Hand scenario on Thursday (hoping to achieve that)…

3) Treat myself to something hobby after being forced to deliver thousands of pieces of paper covered in bullshit… I believe they call it election material… but I feel my description is more accurate.

As for the scale… “Size matters not”.

For RPG’s I use the 28 to 32 mm scale.

With skirmish it varies a little as some games use 28mm, but others use 32, 36 or even 40 mm.

And for painting I have recently bought a few 75mm as projects, but not finished them.

Never painted any of the really tiny fighting men as I don’t own any.

limburger
    21574xp
    Cult of Games Member

Technically I haven’t settled on a size. There’s Epic Sci-Fi in my future as well as Heroic 10mm for history.
    Everything I’ve kind of collected so far has been 28mm-ish.

Work on my war room continues.
    The lower portion aka ‘table storage’ is finished. I’m adding a few cable storage bits to the sides and then it’s on to the first proper layer of paint on the upper surface.

Not quite sure how progress will continue now that my holiday is over, but I hope I can get something done every day.
    Finding a way to keep momentum going will be a thing.

I had been planning to have the 1:1 scale terrain in my house done, but I blame the heatwave for me not having the energy.
    As the weather appears to be cooling down again I may get stuff done. Hoping to finish in July so I can get all my stuff moved in August. I’m still refusing to commit to a deadline, because I don’t want to over stress myself by making that kind of commitment. Only downside is that it costs money as I’m paying rent as well as mortgage, but I can handle it for now.

sundancer
    42670xp
    Cult of Games Member

Lovely Sunday morning. Need to get my head up again as it got late last night XD

Also trying not to stop the current hobby flow. Two more weeks until my summer vacation!

sundancer
    42670xp
    Cult of Games Member

And just like that the weekend has blown past and no hobby has been done. Temperatures and humidity are terrible currently.

Lovely moanday morning to you all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)