Skip to toolbar

[unofficial Weekender] Loosers and Lady Luck

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial Weekender] Loosers and Lady Luck

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 53 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42787xp
    Cult of Games Member

Regarding my comment on the YellowBellyTableTop stream yesterday that cut censored by YouTube all the time:

I’m looking forward to see how Asmodee Germany will be dumping all remaining X-Wing stock on the visitors, undercutting every retailer again. Like they did with V1. It will be a bloodbath!

So today is the second day of “emergency data recovery”. 4 hours of sleep last night and with any luck I’m done in 2 -3 hours. Sometimes my job is really stressful.

pagan8th
    Participant
    10226xp

Why would they be dumping X-wing stock? Have they announced 3rd edition? Or just cancelled the game?

Edit: I googled. No longer supported.

sundancer
    42787xp
    Cult of Games Member

It’s dead Jim.

06/13/2024 Atomic Mass Games wrote:

After long and careful consideration, we are here today to announce the end of development on Star Wars™: X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada.

We are grateful for the community’s passionate engagement and support. Over the past few years, rising production costs, global manufacturing, and pandemic-related challenges have made it increasingly difficult to produce high-quality, pre-painted miniatures which ultimately led to the decision to end development.

Although development is ending, we are not stepping away from these games entirely. Atomic Mass Games will continue to support tournaments and Organized Play for both games, with OP kits to be found in your local shops, culminating in the Open World Championship at AdeptiCon in March 2025.

Source: https://www.atomicmassgames.com/transmission/update-on-star-wars-x-wing-and-star-wars-armada/

pagan8th
    Participant
    10226xp

Glad I never updated to 2nd edition. But I still have my cool ship models for RPG’s.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2106xp

That’s unfortunate. Somewhat predictable, though. They took a fun game, and made it Uber-competitive, and no longer fun. It became a game of buying the win.

I played it last when I was over in the UK and met up with a bunch of friends there. We enjoyed the game, as we didn’t play like it was literal life and death…

limburger
    21633xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’d say that is destined to happen to any game.

I hope multi award winning moonstone will be spared that ordeal.

//

I got my new bike.

It is a beast. Only issue is that they ordered the standard seat instead of the one I wanted. It is a minor detail that we both forgot to check. All is good though.

Automatic shifting is really cool.

IMG-20240907-WA0000

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2106xp

So funky! Looks like a blast to ride.

Curious how the automatic shifting works?

limburger
    21633xp
    Cult of Games Member

hmm … I think a hamster ate my previous post.
    I hope I remember what I wrote 😀

//

There are 3 profiles for shifting : one manual and two ‘automatic’
    The manual is as advertised. The automated shifting appears to work on the pedal speed.
    I don’t know the exact difference or if the power setting for the assist has any effect on them.
    I do know what one of them the gears where shifting every few strokes … which was annoying.

There is an app that supposedly allows me to tweak the profiles. I suspect both automatic profiles are set up for specific needs.

You can always override the selected gear.

I forgot to addd : you don’t need to pedal to change gears.
    It’s like those internal hub gears and less like a regular derailer setup, which is really cool.
    If you can afford it and it fits your bike I’d recommend it 🙂

The tech details :

– Shimano Cues Di2 : automated shifting 10 gears

– Shimano Steps EP801 : e-assist with 85 Nm of torque according to the documents.

I don’t know if it was the 26″ wheels or the motor or the combo, but going from asphalt to dirt road was invisible.
    Definitely something I am going to explore 😀

I did notice that I need a hand on the controls as it pedalling does appear to affect direction a bit more than I’m used to on my other trike.

OTOH I haven’t needed to lean into corners like I used to do on my HP Velotechnik Scorpion 20 FS

Turning radius is definitely a lot bigger.

Only down side so far is that the seat isn’t as comfortable, but that was kind of my fault for not checking that part when I ordered the trike as I had missed it. I do have the ‘dream seat’ on order so that will be fixed ‘soon’.

The gate to the back of my house isn’t wide enough so I’m going to have to find something for that as well. At the moment it is tied to a tree in front of my house 😀

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  limburger.

sundancer
    42787xp
    Cult of Games Member
Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)