Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Hobby Heroes

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Hobby Heroes

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  pagan8th 2 hours, 32 minutes ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

limburger
    21635xp
    Cult of Games Member

Dr Poo … lol

yeah, I must admit that I’m not totally convinced by this new version yet. He’s a bit too scared of things and needs his companion to hold his hand.

I so wish the classic series was available on blu-ray/dvd for a more reasonable price. As much as I like the series (old and new) I’m not spending that much money for an old show that most likely won’t have localized subtitles either.

I heard that Red Dwarf had a new series … but I haven’t seen that one yet.
    I’m not sure if that series needed more episodes. I do have the original series (all 8 seasons) on blu-ray though.
    Those first few seasons are still as funny as they were when I first saw them.

pagan8th
    Participant
    10726xp

Red Dwarf had a series 9 that was a bit weird as it involved the characters of Red Dwarf meeting Craig Charles in Coronation Street. It was a three part series. It did not continue from the ‘cliffhanger ending’ from series 8.

Seasons 10, 11 and 12 were back to six episodes and not great in my opinion.

The last thing they did was a feature length episode (90 minutes long) involving the cat people evolved from Lister’s cat.

The next episodes are getting filmed late this year and are due out in 2025.

sundancer
    42813xp
    Cult of Games Member

Monday!

I never caught on with Dr What after Peter Capaldi. Mostly because it took ages to source episodes and I just couldn’t be arsed.  Never watched Red Dwarf. Don’t think it was on German television but I might be wrong.

Some TV shows should just end and not be resurrected again and again XD

pagan8th
    Participant
    10726xp

Some movie franchises should do that… Marvel Cinematic comes to mind… as does Star Wars given the quality of recent releases.

Late pledge. Week off. Lots of plastic annoying me. Going to paint as much as I can this week. Some is wild west for Dead Man’s Hand, some for a future RPG campaign, but most for Middle Earth…

Pelennor Fields set is my target, but that’s a lot of minis. Started by priming and contrast painting the Dead Men of Dunharrow. If they need more than that I’ll try some drybrushing to lighten them a bit. Goal is quantity, not quality as I hate painting units… almost as much as I hate painting  horses… bloody Rohirrim…

In the event I complete Pelennor (or I get bored and need to paint something else) I may have a go at a Blood Bowl team.

limburger
    21635xp
    Cult of Games Member

Some movies should never have gotten sequels.
    Tv-series and franchises should be allowed to end when all the good things have been done.

There was an attempt at an American Red Dwarf … twice.

And it is as bad as you think it is

@sundancer you’ve missed something awesome, ’cause British comedy is amazeballs.

this is from the later seasons … one of the funny scenes :

The Polymorph episode is probably the best one. 😀

pagan8th
    Participant
    10726xp

My favourite Red Dwarf episode is Back to Reality… Duane Dibley 🙂

Followed closely by Polymorph and Backwards.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)