Skip to toolbar

[unofficial Weekender] forum post praecox

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial Weekender] forum post praecox

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42784xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy and paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

https://www.beastsofwar.com/forums/topic/introduce-yourselves-new-member-thread/

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save you any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil. This includes no philosophy, no home computer culture wars.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy and paste ###

Question of the week:

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42784xp
    Cult of Games Member

I do pledge to paint my Count Binface mini as nice as possible. Maybe.

Answer:

• Yes. And No. I run the bloody thing, isn’t that enough? XD

Today I will leave you with a bit more music than usual

PS: CGL did a Kickstarter update for the BattlyTechs. It’s a nothingburger. US 50% done, RoW: wait some more.

pagan8th
    Participant
    10224xp

Pledge of the week… find my inspiration and motivation… I seem to have misplaced them.

It would be an act of cruelty for me to take part in Secret Satan and I’d be sending out a badly painted mini.

limburger
    21632xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yes I have considered it. And no I won’t be in. I’m bad enough at thinking of stuff for people I know in real life.
    Never mind random strangers on the interwebz that may simply be figments of my imagination.

I do hope it’s no too hot to do some hobby this weekend. It’s going to be 1:1 scale terrain hobby, but hey … that’s my fault for buying a house ..;)

I’ve got incoming kickstarters. Not 100% sure which one exactly, but one of them is this one :
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/c87-3/beneath-the-mountains-of-madness-28mm-pulp-skirmish-for-7tv/description

Second is a bit of a mystery but it required taxes and handling fees to be paid.

More music to fit the theme of the week :

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2102xp

I pledge to start on my Legions Imperialis. I’ve been decluttering my hobby space to get ready. And I have a project log started for it, set to private right now.

Answer:

Yes. I am Secret Satan, and you can, too!
    IMG_8374

Music for the weekend:

danlee
    22422xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer Someone was very keen this week…

This week’s pledge is to paint a few more random minis I picked up at Salute – although my kids are away on holiday at their Grandma’s this week and the extra freedom tends to wreck my enthusiasm for hobby.

• Have you considered taking part in the Secret Satan 2024 community thingy? – Already in it.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2102xp

Whoever gets my Secret Satan will be getting the work of a prior Golden Demon winner  – so you’ll hate using the mini in your games ?

Still working on my Legions – I hate the hat sorting, trying to pick a chapter for my Marines

Addendum to my Muzak choice:

sundancer
    42784xp
    Cult of Games Member

@pagan8th  “misplaced motivation” is often hidden beneath “too much work” and “chaotic hobby space”. At least for me it often is.

See, even @grantinvanman  does it ” I’ve been decluttering my hobby space to get ready.”

“the extra freedom tends to wreck my enthusiasm for hobby.” I hear you @danlee It’s a “I could do aaaall theeeese things. but i can’t decide on what so nothing gets done” situation :S

At least for me.

Saturday! Huzzah!

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2102xp

I think to start my project log, I’ll post before and after clean up pics, to show how clutter just gets in the way. Good progress made yesterday – paints reorganized. Just the desk to do now. Got a new tool/paintbrush organizer that spins. Should be more space efficient.

I moved my hobby stuff from a spare bedroom into a walk in closet; it had the positive effect of making my music area more appealing, but I am just getting the hobby side working.

limburger
    21632xp
    Cult of Games Member

I got my mystery package … and it’s Fogou!!!!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fogoumodels/rad-trax-post-apocalyptic-toy-car-scale-terrain

It’s easy to see why this company has such a good reputation.
    One of the very few kickstarters that delivers *before* the deadline.

And the bits look super clean. The concrete barriers could work ‘as is’.

I do have this sudden urge to buy toy cars … 😀
    Only thing missing are the bits to make them *eh* post apocalyptic.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2102xp

The race track looks awesome! Very nice – you should definitely get some cars!

limburger
    21632xp
    Cult of Games Member

technically I got some cars already as I got a few from a toy shop that were on sale.
    I also have a few from the Devil’s Run boardgame I backed ages ago, which would be perfect for Gaslands too.

A lot of that stuff is in storage or my old place as I haven’t finished moving everything to my new house.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/177823/devils-run-route-666

Just got an email telling me my copy of “Panzer Camouflage Vol.2” is coming too.

It’s as if all these kickstarters are like buses. Sometimes there’s nothing and then all of them arrive at once.

MAWM hasn’t arrived yet … but that’s going to be a matter of time.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  limburger.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2102xp

IMG_8375

The before…

limburger
    21632xp
    Cult of Games Member

sooo many things still in shrink wrapped boxes …

otoh … I still haven’t finished organizing and cataloging my hobby gear either.

It’s too hot to do any heavy lifting or hobby.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2102xp

Tried twice to upload my project progress to no avail. I remember why I stopped updating my Orks now. Frustrating. An hour later, it partially showed up, and then I edited it to work. Weird, but at least I’m on my way!

IMG_8377IMG_8376IMG_8378IMG_8381IMG_8382

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)