Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Fall! Autum! Now! PLEASE!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Fall! Autum! Now! PLEASE!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 day, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42787xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy and paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

https://www.beastsofwar.com/forums/topic/introduce-yourselves-new-member-thread/

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save you any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil. This includes no philosophy, no home computer culture wars.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy and paste ###

Question of the week:

• Why is it still this flocking hot? (rhetorical question, don’t answer)
    • Are you planning hobby time for winter when it gets colder? Priming stuff now so you can just paint away?

And don’t forget the Secret Satan 2024 community thingy!

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42787xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge: maybe finish Count Binface. He’s staring at me.

Answer:

• I wish I could plan but alas: no space. So I just wing it.

Music:

pagan8th
    Participant
    10226xp

It is flocking it down here. (Rhetorical answer. Don’t question it.)

Pretty much as soon as I have assembled stuff, I prime it, so I got loads of stuff primed. Had six Shatterpoint gangs primed for months and they’re just sitting there… gathering dust.

Problem I have with winter painting is I prefer to work by daylight… and I live in the UK… daylight is a rarity in winter.

Working a six day week limits my options for painting and as Sunday is RPG night I’m usually prepping for the game.

That leaves the 1 week in 6 when I’m not working to get stuff done, but I often have other stuff to get done… and it’s the only chance I get to set up a good solo boardgame (Eldritch Horror and Journeys in Middle Earth are the prime choices) and sadly I usually end up doing something else.

This year I’m 60 and got that week off too. Two options have popped into my head as ‘birthday treats’… 3D printer and Z gauge railway (I have some N gauge stuff, but no space for it at the moment). Both of those consume money and time.

So I sort of have a plan for winter hobby. But at this point it’s a lot of options and no decisions.

Kinda given up an pledges as I just see what happens.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2106xp

Question of the week:

Why is it still this flocking hot? (rhetorical question, don’t answer)

– ironically, I’ll be going to Japan in a week where it is HOTTER than Canada, somehow. I was expecting fall conditions, but the hot weather hasn’t slowed. Daytime high/low of ~30c/23c – with 50% chance of rain. Odd weather to plan for; I prefer real nice fall weather…

Are you planning hobby time for winter when it gets colder? Priming stuff now so you can just paint away?

Can’t wait to get my hobby space back, so yes. All my priming is done by airbrush, the only rattle can I still can’t shake is my varnish dullcoat – an old habit that I haven’t found a better airbrushable version of.

So many projects in my head … so many…

Muzak:

limburger
    21634xp
    Cult of Games Member

Reverend Horton Heat you say ?

I know him from this track which I think was on one of the Guitar Hero games as one of those insanely difficult songs.

And of course we can’t do this without the Stray Cats :

I think it’s called ‘rockabilly’ and it originates in the 50’s ?

Anyways … back to hobby

My trike is here, so that’s my ride sorted. I’ve posted about it in last weeks’ thread.
    It’s September and that means Operation Market Garden celebration/remembrance is around the corner.
    On saturday the “Hells’ Highway” event thingy starts with vehicles from that era riding part of the infamous route.
    Due to the local city council being a bunch of *beeps* they have another route and since I’ve moved it’s not near my house regardless.

Program for the public

Even though the vast majority of the vehicles will be trucks and jeeps there’s always the chance of a surprise.
    They will also be part of a static show near one of the original landing sites of Operation Market Garden.

Hobby plans ?
    nothing specific, but as I do have the Bolt Action 3 preorder incoming I’m kind of prepared for winter hobby?
    Not that I needed ‘more’ things, because my pile of opportunity has enough for the next decade of winters and then some 😉

I just wish it wasn’t so damn hot as that makes doing anything feel like too much work.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2106xp

I’m a huge Stray Cats / Brian Setzer fan! I even had one of his signature guitars, a metallic flake neon green, f-hole, Gretsch (much like the Reverend Horton’s Gretsch).

The Gretsch give that classic sound, with their TV or Filter-tron pickups, and the anti-Floyd Rose Bigsby tremolo! I would put a Bigsby on all my guitars if I could. My 1972 Gibson SG has a rare Gibson-stamped one. Picked up that guitar in Dublin.

I have a Custom Shop Fender Telecaster, which is going to get a lot of upgrades to it: a Billy Gibbons signature bridge pickup, and a F-stamped Bigsby. It’s the nicest guitar I’ve ever played!

Pledge: Keep at the stuff in the background and get some more pictures up

As far as the prep for winter I’m mostly geared up for kicking out things to be Giftmas presents. Not much otherwise to add for the moment as minis require paint. Be back in a bit… though in the meantime I saw this and had to share

limburger
    21634xp
    Cult of Games Member

AI generated trailer for a movie that will never be … such a shame.

’cause I want more shark soldiers 😀

pagan8th
    Participant
    10226xp

Some of those ai trailers are fun.

sundancer
    42787xp
    Cult of Games Member

Monday morning.

Shock and horror! My F(n)LGS actually came through and added Armoured Clash to the shop. OH NOES!

Also temps are coming down (again). Let’s hope it stays this way.

More coffee, some more music:

And since Stray Cats had some influence on my older brother I feel obliged to share music from his band:

See if you can spot him XD

limburger
    21634xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer there’s a guitar player that looks like a clone of you at around 1:06  😉

I see your F(n)LGS has read your mind and knows what is best for you 😀

danlee
    22424xp
    Cult of Games Member

This week’s pledge is to undercoat all the minis I’ve been printing/assembling in the past weeks, ready to paint in the Winter months.

• Why is it still this flocking hot? (rhetorical question, don’t answer) – Not too hot here in the UK.
    • Are you planning hobby time for winter when it gets colder? Priming stuff now so you can just paint away? – Yep. Hadn’t read that question when I wrote my pledge.

Muzikk for da massizzz! Waaaaaagh!

And an interesting spin on mashups

And something to wind down and pull it back a little with

A separate post of more music and something I caught in my feed of videos

He has a bit of pretense about him in the video but there are some valid points worthy of pondering

sundancer
    42787xp
    Cult of Games Member

morning.

Yes that goober lad has some points and I did chuckle when he went “full chemist” on charcoal black XD

@limburger they didn’t as much read my mind as I pushed them to look into it. So for continental EU residents there is a pre order possibility now at LINK

And sadly now, no kickback in that link for me.  (Yet)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)