Skip to toolbar

TerrainFest 2024 Week One Plans, Plans Plans and helping Sundancer choose ?

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion TerrainFest 2024 Week One Plans, Plans Plans and helping Sundancer choose ?

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  redscope 1 hour, 7 minutes ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

redscope
    Participant
    2708xp

TerrainFest 2024 Week One

It is finally here terrainfest 2024. Is it a bit sad I have been waiting all year for this ? Yes almost certainly it is. I really enjoyed last years 2023 event. I am not a terrain builder but I do like the idea of gaming board telling a narrative story so I dipped my toes into terrain to bring together different elements for the cursed city project.

I have spent the past year looking out for items to expand the city including looking at new games such as the barons wars, and the up coming guards, guards. The plan with cursed city was always to create a modual system of different elements that can be used in various ways for different games.

To say I had a plan was a bit of an overstatement. It is more of a general theme of building a city the key now is to turn the random collection of bits I have been hording away all year into a defined plan of some sorts.

This time around we have 3 months !!! It seems a long time but given how fast last years one went I dont want to be leaving it to the last minute. I also have to remined myself of the weather so the first task is to build everything and get it primed before it becomes too cold or rains everyday. So the plan for week one is :-

Project – Return to Cursed City

Task List for week one 

• Build all the terrain, MDF build, Plastic buildings,
    • Prime all the MDF build, Plastic buildings,
    • Come up with a more defined plan for the city

Talking of plans it is not always easy to come up with them. Starting any project is always the most difficult aspect. While some people can just have a full instant picture of what they want to do for others including myself we research history, become inspired by other peoples projects, the world we see around us, the weekender and shiny things we spot at trade shows(this happens way too often)

Some times we need a bit of a nudge to inspire us which brings us to Sundancer. While looking through the terrainfest projects I noticed his https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1896283/. Which seems very on topic for talking about plans. Sundancer is looking at what games he has, what scale they are and considering if they can be used acrossed different systems.

He has some more thinking to do. Perhaps watching the star wars films again to get inspired to re-create the battle of hoth(I would to do this myself one day), create the forest moon of endor, the desert wastes of  tatooine or maybe start small with just the bar for a skirmish game.

So what are your plans for Terrainfest ? Do you have any suggestions for Sundancer ? Will Brother Lloyd finally get to build Rome, what is Ben doing for Middle earth ?

• This topic was modified 1 hour, 4 minutes ago by  redscope.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)