Skip to toolbar

Tales from the Loop boardgame: popped up on KS!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Tales from the Loop boardgame: popped up on KS!

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  avernos 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

coxjul
    13301xp
    Cult of Games Member

I had heard nothing of this before it appeared in my KS app a couple of hours ago.  Looks very interesting…

Good feel from the game from demonstration video, and nice entry point.

sundancer
    42779xp
    Cult of Games Member

and I haven’t even watched the series yet…

avernos
    Keymaster
    33938xp

it’ll be in the news in an hour or so but don’t worry @sundancer it’s nowt to do with the series, it’s the source material so you’re fine

limburger
    21628xp
    Cult of Games Member

standees for the kids and minis for a few random ‘monsters’/robots ?
    hmm … not sure why, they don’t look interesting enough to need the ‘deluxe paint job’ either.
    The cartoonish art doesn’t quite fit with the great artwork from the game itself either.
    I guess they are trying to emulate an 80’s era boardgame somehow ?

I do wonder if some of the mechanics and info would integrate with the RPG (or act as inspiration for stories).

I already got the art books and a few posters from the previous campaign for the ‘things from the flood’ rpg.

coxjul
    13301xp
    Cult of Games Member

There’s a hint in the KS comments that they may look at miniatures for characters as an add-on (trying to keep the core game cost within a limit).

The source book does have two settings, the original Swedish Islands (that this is based on) and an alternative US setting, obviously inserted for unadventurous american players unprepared to leave home soil – not sure how that matches to the Amazon series.

Watched the gameplay video – it does seem to be an RPG lite with similar dice mechanics (vary number of dice +- based on traits and equipment, any 6 is a success)

Only other concern at this point is the variability – does seem to be limited ‘stories’ so far, but watch for SGs.

coxjul
    13301xp
    Cult of Games Member

Bu&&er it KS…

– Frosthaven ploughing on…

– TftL BG just launched…

– Mythic drop a teaser for HEL 30 minutes ago…

What next this month?

avernos
    Keymaster
    33938xp

the American Loop facility in the RPG is in Colorado, in the tv series they moved it for some reason. I imagine they could move it if they wanted but honestly I can’t see it making a difference either way to the game itself

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)