Skip to toolbar

Star Wars… Old And New

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Star Wars… Old And New

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  limburger 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2111xp

@pagan8th – hilarious! ?

@limburger – the Boba Fett cartoon pic is from the Xmas special! And I bet the Acolyte is lower, to be honest. I’m hanging on. Barely. Probably because it’s not a cartoon, which the Star Wars ones are AWFUL, full stop. Filoni! Ruiner of Goodness.

onlyonepinman
    18060xp
    Cult of Games Member

@grantinvanman I think we will just have to agree to disagree there.  I don’t think many people dislike the new Star Wars simply because it’s Disney, definitely not in numbers large enough to explain the current slew of flops they keep churning out.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2111xp

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2111xp

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 7.46.47 PM

sundancer
    42821xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh, the holiday special. Haven’t seen that one yet so that’s why it’s not on the list.

pagan8th
    Participant
    10727xp

@sundancer… don’t see it… even George disavows it… it’s on youtube somewhere I believe.

limburger
    21635xp
    Cult of Games Member

@grantinvanman there are far more folk who love whatever turd Disney sells … and besides it is the same lame argument when we see used by blind fanboys or a company so unwilling to admit that they made something really awful. It’s a pattern that Hollywood especially loves to use as it runs out of ideas to reboot.

Rey has ZERO character growth or problems in her entire trilogy. She instantly learns to use the Farce with zero training and can hold her own against what is supposed to be a Sith Lord, but is  more like an angry teenager trying to imitate Vader. Never mind the amount of convenient deus ex machinas that keep the second movie in that trilogy from going off the rails. It also feels like none of the directors knew they were working on a trilogy at all.

Solo was not a movie about the origins of Han Solo. It was a Sci Fi train heist that used the Solo origin as a checklist (get the name, the jacket, the wookie, the ship …. ). None of it felt like it mattered in the plot. It could have been a stand-alone generic SciFi movie that went straight to video/streaming.

Meanwhile Luke loses his family, loses an arm, discovers that the bad guy is his dad, the princess is his sister (whoops) and that the supposed good guys had been hiding that info from him all along.

Boba Fett is turned into the most incompetent mandolorian merc ever. He is so incompetent that a female assassin and the main character from another series have to step in and help him and his plot move forward.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)