Skip to toolbar

Necromunda new Delaque minis

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Necromunda new Delaque minis

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  alphonsinov 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

phaidknott
    7023xp
    Cult of Games Member

Don’t think BoW have posted about this yet (sorry for repeating if they already have)

Also two “compilations” to be released at the same time. The first is a rulebook with all the rules that were added in each Gangwar book (hopefully they’ll proof read them better than they did with the Gangwar books). Also a “Gang” book that again brings in all the specific gang rules that have been released in the previous books. One thing that DOESN’T seem to be coming out is a Gangwar book featuring the new Delaque rules (so to get these you HAVE to buy the compilation, which makes buying all the previous Gangwar books a complete and utter waste of money…grrrrr).

avernos
    Keymaster
    33940xp

it’s not been posted in the forums, but they looked at the new minis a couple of weeks ago on the weekender. I can’t say I’m surprised at book releases it really does seem to be the current model to release rulesets piecemeal making people buy them over time and unable to skip any for missing out on something important.

seldon9
    12954xp
    Cult of Games Member

The rulebooks fiasco has annoyed my local group so much they’re switching to the community rules developed in between editions. The Kill Team rulebook has made Necromunda look very sloppy.

avernos
    Keymaster
    33940xp

we just decided to use the original, thankfully I had spares so our little group has 4 sets of the rules without having to worry about GW’s shite

totsuzenheni
    Participant
    5651xp

Hasn’t Games Workshop released a complete rulebook covering all the rules thus far released? I thought they had but i can’t find it now i look.

seldon9
    12954xp
    Cult of Games Member

Not that I’m aware of. I think someone in the community was compiling all the rules into a single document but I don’t know how far that went.

avernos
    Keymaster
    33940xp

no combined book yet, maybe once they’ve released another 6 or 7 mini books that people have had to lap up just to actually get a playable game with more than 3 gangs they may possibly pull the finger out their hole and do it. But currently you need Underhive to play the game, Gang War if you want to be able to use 3D terrain and Gang War 2 if you want Hired Guns and campaigns. I assume the gang rules come with the minis in case you don’t want to buy the books, so there may be a saving to be found there.

totsuzenheni
    Participant
    5651xp

I’d imagine it went up against the idea of copyright.

phaidknott
    7023xp
    Cult of Games Member

No the gang rules came with each of the Gang War books (Gang War 1 for the Esher and Goliath, Gang War 2 for the next gang etc, etc).

The main gripe comes with the fact that to buy the gang rules for the Delaques, GW aren’t releasing another “mini rule book” at 15 quid. Instead you need to buy the more expensive compilation to access the rules for this gang (those that have already shelled out for the previous Gang War books can’t complete the rules by purchasing just the Delaque rules).

The compilation is probably needed, but I hope they don’t copy and paste from the previous Gang War books. Even in the same books the GW proof readers missed things like not maintaining consistency for points values WITHIN THE SAME BOOK (they were a nightmare). But “annoyed” at GW’s decision to put out TWO books (one with the gang rules and one with the main rules), as I feel these aren’t separate from each other (I mean why collect the different gangs if you aren’t going to use the rules for them, and the “basic” version of the rules that don’t use the “advanced rules” (inc specific rules for different gangs) are well….VERY BASIC (so don’t know how mang pages the “main” rules book is going to be, it must have a lot of filler pictures 😀 ).

With all the love that GW got recently, and the feeling they have stopped doing some of their old nasty habits. They do seem to have slipped backwards into their old marketing mode on this release.

seldon9
    12954xp
    Cult of Games Member

I think they’ll be releasing Delaque rules in White Dwarf. If you want their fluff that’ll be in the new books.

If they do a smaller book with just rules and stats that didn’t cost a lot I’d be alright with it. I’d resent buying expensive books filled with fluff. @phaidknott I agree they seem to be reverting to their old habits. I hope they’ll surprise me.

shredhead
    Participant
    5177xp

Unfortunately Necromunda is done by Forgeworld, not GW themselves. That explains the amazing focus on treating their costumers like shit.

totsuzenheni
    Participant
    5651xp

Not that i’ve bought into the new Necromunda ( yet ), but i never had much of a problem with the kind of multiple rulebooks the have released for Necromunda.

totsuzenheni
    Participant
    5651xp

avernos
    Keymaster
    33940xp

not yet, they have one that is either up for preorder or will be shortly. But currently the only way to get the complete rules is two box sets and issues 1-4 of Gang War

totsuzenheni
    Participant
    5651xp

I think marvo is a spambot @avernos. His comment is almost word for word a copy of my earlier one, and he has earlier comments following the same pattern.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)