Skip to toolbar

Nam 68 'Tour of Duty' up for sale at last!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Nam 68 'Tour of Duty' up for sale at last!

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  piers 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

piers
    Participant
    25481xp

Nam 68 preorder live!

We are delighted to announce the preorder for our exciting new Vietnam skirmish rules, Nam 68 from our very own accomplished Battlegroup game designer, Warwick Kinrade

You guys seem to like the format of a limited edition, one time only deluxe hardback traditionally printed in the UK and then a standard print on demand softback with local shipping rate. So this is what we are going to do!

PRE-ORDER a traditional hardback deluxe version which will be printed in the UK and shipped from the UK. This will run for two weeks and then will close, giving anyone who wants a deluxe copy the chance to grab one. We will then do a one off print run limited to the number of pre-orders. Then the title will only be available as a standard quality softback Print on Demand for a lower price than the deluxe version and also at a lower shipping cost as they will be printed and shipped in local markets.
    Nam 68 deluxe limited print run will cost £38 plus shipping from the UK. The window for ordering the deluxe version will be from 2-16 August 2024. Delivery will be mid September 2024

The Print on Demand version will be £25 plus shipping at local cost and will be available after the deluxe hardback edition has shipped

Cold War Nam 68

AND…… we have a superb range of 3d printed miniatures and buildings in 28mm and 20mm to accompany Nam 68 including excellent value starter and Mega all-in bundles (including rulebook) with upto 25% discount!

Check out the website for all the deals!

http://www.theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk

Screenshot_20240717_132013_Adobe AcrobatScreenshot_20240717_131946_Adobe AcrobatScreenshot_20240717_132053_Adobe AcrobatScreenshot_20240717_132243_Adobe AcrobatScreenshot_20240717_132426_Adobe AcrobatScreenshot_20240717_132128_Adobe AcrobatScreenshot_20240717_132542_Adobe AcrobatScreenshot_20240717_132155_Adobe Acrobat

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2102xp

Ordered

Lots of glitches with the shopping cart – first, didn’t recognize there was one in the cart. Second, checking out, all the personal information of the last person to use the cart was still there – Stuart Greeling, you’ve been exposed!

Edit: now all of my information is pre-loading! Sent an email to PSC. There’s nothing truly vital, I suppose, but it’s still not the way a cart should work.

IMG_8351

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  grantinvanman.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2102xp

Was just looking to see if Kilgore’s “Death Cards” are available anywhere. Of course they are ?  Amazon has them, and Bicycle brand tactical field cards – which if they are like their other coated cards (I have a deck) are indestructible .

IMG_8353

IMG_8354

IMG_8352

piers
    Participant
    25481xp

Gotta have those cards….

Thankfully a new PSC website is in the way, that old one does lots of weird stuff!

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2102xp

@piers one last photo for the day; back in the mid-2000s I did a “Charlie Don’t Surf!” themed game, using 1:285 scale minis. When I sent Yater Surfboards a photo of the game components (I made a 1:285 surfboard out of plastic card, on a clear base, with gel waves!), they sent me this 8×10 of the man himself, Reynolds Yater, signed, standing with one of Kilgore’s spoons! plus two shirts, free. Talk about awesome!

IMG_8358

guillotine
    16024xp
    Cult of Games Member

Looks awesome, preordered my copy!

limburger
    21630xp
    Cult of Games Member

I remember reading the forum posts about the ‘nam campaign … so of course I had to order it.
    And I got the Northag and Centag books as well, because ‘reasons’ (mainly there being a Dutch list in the expansion 😉 ).

shipping is a bit steep … but that’s life after Brexit.

//

ooh … themed playing cards. Interesting.

I know I don’t have any minis for this era, but that’s alright … I’ve seen Rubicon do plastic kits.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2102xp

Shipping to Canada was equally obscene, @limburger !

I ordered a bunch of USMC from Empress – my first order ever from Empress, after years of drooling over various ranges. They have Full Metal Jacket characters in their range. Lovely, SWEETHEART!

NorthAg/CentAg, were ok, but I’ve sold off my GHQ collection, and no desire to do it again.

The only thing I know about the Dutch is this one quote from Goldmember:

IMG_8361

???

thebelon
    7272xp
    Cult of Games Member

Bam ?

piers
    Participant
    25481xp

Shipping is crazy these days… moved all the old BG books to print on demand to try and reduce some of the cost for those after hard copies.

limburger
    21630xp
    Cult of Games Member

@grantinvanman Full Metal Jacket ?
    “anyone who runs is VC. Anyone who doesn’t is a well trained VC … ” 😀

I kind of want to go “Tour of Duty” … I remember seeing that series (or at least bits of it) as a kid.

60’s era rock music is where it’s at anyway, so soundtrack for games is sorted 🙂

//
    I tend to get all my digital copies from DriveThruRPG aka OneBookshelf.
    Print on demand is probably the only realistic way of selling hard copy for a relatively ‘niche’ type of book, unless you run a kickstarter and get enough folk to justify actual printing, but even then you’re inevitably stuck with inventory that’s quite expensive to manage if it doesn’t sell fast enough afterwards.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2102xp

@limburger – heck yeah! R. Lee Ermey was originally meant to be that door gunner, but he was too good and he became the DS. He also has a cameo in Apocalypse Now as a recce pilot!

Soundtrack for this era is the best part of great music, hands down. So much to fill up lists.

I watched Tour of Duty in high school; also China Beach was on – a different perspective on the war.

My wife hates me right now because it’s been Vietnam, all night, every night ?

The only movie I don’t own is Hamburger Hill, can’t buy it for some reason (I’m all digital, no physical copies). But hey… don’t mean nothin’ … not a thing!

limburger
    21630xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yeah … that gunnery sergeant is quite the character.
    His entire rant in the barracks is one heck of a scene.

Apocalypse Now! is probably more a Vietnam themed movie. I know I’ve seen it, but don’t remember much of it.

piers
    Participant
    25481xp

Apocalypse Now is THE Vietnam War movie… the helicopter assault in the village is still iconic.

9f434016df95893af7e663e5b778876e

To be fair, ‘When we were soldiers’ is a good one too, I would also highly recommend ‘Danger Close’ about the battle of Long Tan…

MV5BODk1NDI3ZTEtMGQxYi00M2MzLThkN2EtMzlmNTAxMDRmNjY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDM4MDQ4Mg@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2102xp

Danger Close is indeed a great movie as well! I saw it not long before I went to Australia, and visited the Shrine of Remembrance in Melbourne.

If you want a fun different movie “The Greatest Beer Run” hits the mark. Guy has the crazy idea to bring a beer to his buddies in Vietnam, and does it – and it’s a true story. Lots of fun, less shooting, fun!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)