Skip to toolbar

Missing out on comments – here is a fix (kind of)

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Missing out on comments – here is a fix (kind of)

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 day, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42666xp
    Cult of Games Member

So if you are like me and you like to know when people comment on stuff you put out on the internet you are probable a bit annoyed too. Because here on OTT/BoW you only get notified when someone replies in the forum or comments on your projects. Replies to comments don’t trigger a notification.

Especially with comments on articles that has been bugging me some time now.

And here is where using WordPress as a CMS (content management system) has it’s advantages. Because WordPress delivers content via RSS feeds.

RSS (RDF Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication)[2] is a web feed[3] that allows users and applications to access updates to websites in a standardized, computer-readable format. Subscribing to RSS feeds can allow a user to keep track of many different websites in a single news aggregator, which constantly monitor sites for new content, removing the need for the user to manually check them. News aggregators (or “RSS readers”) can be built into a browser, installed on a desktop computer, or installed on a mobile device.

If you want to subscribe to new articles add this URL to your RSS feed catcher of choice:

https://www.beastsofwar.com/feed

That will deliver every new article that is posted. Now for the comments:

https://www.beastsofwar.com/comments/feed

That is all! Now all comments will be pulled from your RSS reader (Thunderbird in my case) and you actually get much more interaction on the site!

ISN’T THAT EXCITING?!

Well, I think it is. Make from it what you will. Laters!

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2042xp

Yer a wizard! 👍

A wizzord is meant to be playing Frostgrave. Get on with it Timbo!

sundancer
    42666xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m practising my smoke rings! Don’t push me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)