Skip to toolbar

LOTR: The Rings of Power – possible cinematic release

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion LOTR: The Rings of Power – possible cinematic release

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  solar 2 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

hobbyhub
    Participant
    4169xp

Sorry @brennon and other non-NZ based Tolkien fans out there excitedly waiting on the new “The Rings of Power” to start on Amazon Prime, this may make you a bit green with envy

Yesterday, whilst browsing my local (Dunedin, NZ) cinema’s website, I came across a poster for “LOTR: The Rings of Power”  in the “Coming Soon” section. The start date is August 31, a couple of days before the series launch date on the aforementioned streaming service, owned by a certain Space Cowboy.

I clinked on the link and got scant info – just the run time of  204 minutes.  The session(s) data wasn’t populated and may not be for a week or so, depending on when tickets go on sale.

I haven’t seen anything about it in the media and got nothing meaningful when I did a Google search. Plus that cinema hasn’t done any Facebook publicity for it … So if this comes to pass, kiwis could get to watch the first episode or two of the show before it airs on the interwebs.

Here is what I found

solar
    Participant
    2731xp

I dont have any issue if anyone is going to enjoy the show but Im firmly in the camp that it looks like hot garbage.

Ill be happy if Im wrong but Im really not holding out much hope at this stage…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)