Skip to toolbar

looking for info on Italeri Modern US Soliders

Home Forums Historical Tabletop Game Discussions looking for info on Italeri Modern US Soliders

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  marsniper27 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

marsniper27
    Participant
    1006xp

Hi guys,

I live in Canada and since shipping to here can be crazy i have been looking for some locally available modern minis. I found on amazon the Caesar miniatures Modern British as well as their militia which i know people like so I’m going to pick those up but i also found the Italeri Modern US Soliders and am wondering if anyone has any experience with them? I can find some info on their WWII models but cant find anything on their modern stuff.

bloodmoonorc
    Participant
    1763xp

So these are 1/72 (20mm) soft plastic minis formerly produced by Esci back in the 1980’s. They represent US infantry in PASGT type uniforms of the late Cold War era from the early 80’s onwards and include some older equipment such as the Dragon ATGM.

If you’re looking to do present day then these aren’t really suitable. They’re better for Team Yankee types of games albeit in 20mm!

I had these when I was a kid. They’re lovely models.

marsniper27
    Participant
    1006xp

@bloodmoonorc Thanks thats what i thought but the pics on the amazon page aren’t the best. and i really couldn’t find info online. I had seen some reviews for the WWII US troops that said they had one box that was the old ESCI stuff and one box that was new Italeri original stuff so wasn’t sure about these.

I will just stick with the Caesar minis for now as i want the more modern equipment preferably.

bloodmoonorc
    Participant
    1763xp

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=524

The above is a link to plastic soldier reviews site which you may find useful! It has pics of most ranges out there.

marsniper27
    Participant
    1006xp

thanks for the link bookmarked and now time to go check out a bunch of minis 🙂

khusrau
    Participant
    1169xp

Highly recommend this site. Plasticsoldierreview. It shows the sprues and rates them.

marsniper27
    Participant
    1006xp

I’m surprised I hadn’t seen it before.

I just placed my order for the Caesar minis and apparently I accidentally ordered two boxes of militia. Looks like I will be able to play some larger games lol

marsniper27
    Participant
    1006xp

My Caesar modern British and militia arrived (best priced sets I could find in Canada they wanted $40 for the Americans!!!).

I modeled up some drop in bases for the standing guys and will do some bases for the kneeling and laying tomorrow. They are 20mm round bases.20190519_231912

fogh
    7155xp
    Cult of Games Member

Those are nice looking figures.

I’m intrigued by your bases.  It looks a bit like you’ve 3d printed bases with slots in them for the figure’s own bases?   If so then this  is a great idea ?!

marsniper27
    Participant
    1006xp

@fogh that is exactly what I did.

It took me a few trys to get the size since the plastic Caesar uses is flexible and apparently my x axis is now out of calibration slightly but I seem to have got it to a nice snug fit.

fogh
    7155xp
    Cult of Games Member

@marsniper27  very clever idea.  This is the first 3d printer idea that has really made me think “I need one”!

marsniper27
    Participant
    1006xp

They are great to have for when something like this comes up. In 20 hours I will have all of the standing guys on bases.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)