Skip to toolbar

Inspired by Ewokkebab : Gaslands project start.

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Inspired by Ewokkebab : Gaslands project start.

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  limburger 6 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2106xp

So I have been inspired by @ewokkebab to start a Gaslands project. Probably the only thing I can do for the next 2 months as I have lost my hobby space. So kitchen table only…

Scored a 50 pack of random Hot Wheels on Amazon for a good price. No idea what I’m getting until tomorrow!

I still need to up-gun the cars or whatever i get, but I can probably just pretend-play until I get my room back – right?

this will be me later tomorrow:

IMG_8474

limburger
    21633xp
    Cult of Games Member

Must admit that even before ewok I was tempted to buy one of those 50 pack car sets on amazon.
    The negative reviews (on some of them) were enough to stop me though.

otoh … a local toy shop had a sale so that did tempt me.

So much gaslands ready cars in these things. All you really need is bits of armor (plasticard) and guns.

I also remember a destruction derby type game using metal cars from ages ago that should be somewhere in my storage as I bought a set after getting a demo at a local tabletop gaming convention (this was before ‘the event’).
    This was before gaslands was a thing.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2106xp

Luckily, @limburger , I have a nephew who will take all the ones I can’t use – and as it’s his birthday this month, he’ll be thrilled! Even if I get 25 out of 50 to be worth making into dark death machines, it will be worth buying. I hope? And if not, I can return it to Amazon.

I think I’ve decided that with the cost of various Etsy weapon and accessory 3D printed packs that I can buy my own printer for the price. I’ve been debating one anyway, and this has swung me into “worth the buy” territory.

New projects, new tech!

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2106xp

So I came out ok : 41/50 are perfectly useable, and even good to great for this project.

The other 9 are still ok for Hot Wheels, but not ones I would use. Or could use. So the nephew gets some new toys, too!

limburger
    21633xp
    Cult of Games Member

hmm … looks like yesterdays’ post from me has gone to the bit bucket in the sky.

IIRC the negative reviews were about people receiving pack that felt like they had been picked clean of the more exotic/unique cars with duplicates of (lesser?) cars taking their place.

It really sucks that not all Amazon traders are honest and that Amazon is unable and unwilling to fix that.

That’s why I tend to only buy the ‘sold by amazon’ stuff and avoid 3rd party traders that hide out there.

Anyways … so I guess you got lucky and the 50 car set was as advertised ?

limburger
    21633xp
    Cult of Games Member

ooh … now I remember the idea I had.
    You talking about your nephew and me thinking that my nephews and niece would be too old for toy cars as a birthday gift (my niece’s birthday is today (she’s 17 if I got the dates correct). The oldest is 19 (I think, I’m terrible with dates)

Anyways … maybe instead of toy cars a starter set for gaslands would be neat, but those things don’t exist.
    I’m always thinking of trying to get them into this hobby but I’m failing to think of ways that could work.

Maybe this time I can get something done in time for Christmas ?

I know my sister tells me that I need not bring them any gifts, but with me being the godfather for the oldest and me being me that just doesn’t feel right.

the only thing is that I got my own 1:1 scale terrain things to finish before I can do some hobby related things for real.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2106xp

Yeah! I remember you posting that – maybe the site updates/upgrades meant some loss of posts.

Definitely could work for a cool starter game set.

When I’m back from Japan, a 3D printer is in the works for me – the cost of the Gaslands/Etsy upgrades alone justifies the cost. Haven’t had a project that justified the price yet. Now, I do. Exciting!

limburger
    21633xp
    Cult of Games Member

So it was posted for real and I wasn’t dreaming ? 😀

Must admit that 3D printer is tempting, but otoh I want to try some old skool kit bashing.
    The only problem is that I don’t have any suitable kits to Frankenstein …

And as for 3D printing … I know I’ve got the space now. I just think that my pile of opportunity is big enough as is.
    The laser cutter is also kind of tempting me as it feels like something that can bridge the gap between my cutting skills and ideas. LOL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)