Skip to toolbar

Humble Manga to Anime Bundle

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Humble Manga to Anime Bundle

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dawfydd 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dawfydd
    11905xp
    Cult of Games Member

Those fine folks at Humble Bundle are intent on waging war on wallets again, with a spiffy selection of manga that have been turned into manga

Not a bad deal – you get everything published to date for classics Ghost in the Shell and Battle Angel Alita, and recent hits like Mad Arthurian prequel The Seven Deadly Sins, Inuyashiki & Ajin: Demi-Human for $18. That’s a whole lot of reading right there…

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/manga-to-anime-kodansha-books?linkID=&mcID=102:5b181d6e9eb8292b71de2bb5:ot:56c3d9ec733462ca893f85b8:1&utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018_06_06_mangatoanime_bookbundle&linkID=&utm_content=logo

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

The original Ghost in the Shell manga is just a must-read for anyone interested in sci-fi ideas around AI and what the future of it might mean. It’s also super cool artwork and action. After being a fan of the movie for years, I finally read the manga and was blown away at how much detail and research there is in there about the current state of technology, and predicting trends in the context of political and economical factors. The ending also I found a lot more clear to understand what was really going on, found it quite profound and enlightening read.

dawfydd
    11905xp
    Cult of Games Member

tru dat @davehawes . In that vein, have you watched Stand Alone Complex? Manga Entertainment just released a blu-ray collectors edition that gets you both series,  the two compilation movies and Solid State Society in a natty book format, plus an artbook all in a slipcase with The Major on the front. pricey, but it’s got real heft in hand 🙂

On the subject of the Bundle, The Seven Deadly Sins is a fun romp through through a bizzaro prequel to the Arthurian Romances. You will certainly never look at Merlin the same way again O_O , and Battle Angel Alita is just fantastic. Even Last Order and it’s diversion into a inter-Solar System martial arts tournament builds an incredibly interesting post-human SF world…

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yeah, Battle Angel Alita is very cool, and a few people have recommended Seven Deadly Sins to me. I have watched some of GITS:SAC but not all of it, definitely worth looking into.

mecha82
    Participant
    10037xp

That does sound good. Something that anime and manga fans can sink they teeth in.

redhood
    Participant
    619xp

I have the original run of Battle Angel Alita released by Viz back in 2000ish. Fantastic series and a must read for Sci Fi fans.

tonysilvey
    7974xp
    Cult of Games Member

@dawfydd I have the Ghost in the Shell manga and love the original anime film. I keep meaning to give stand alone complex a try so will have to look that out.

I’m not a massive anime fan but some things grab me.

dawfydd
    11905xp
    Cult of Games Member

@tony Silvey well the good news is that there are some great titles in there. Alita is pretty fab, and I’ve been enjoying the 7 Deadly Sins anime on Netflix so look forward to giving that a shot. Ajin was an interesting show as well and I hear good things about the manga 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)