Skip to toolbar

Hobby Wekkender 08/06/18 #3 Hit me with your Best Shot!

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Wekkender 08/06/18 #3 Hit me with your Best Shot!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 43 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  irredeemable 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Okay guys time to prepare your spells, load up those boltguns, fuel those tanks and head out for the hobby front lines! That can mean only one thing! Another hobby weekender thread.

FIRST! Music. Post some music guys, it was a tad lacking last week, and hey, it earns points!

Here are some motivational posters to warm the cockles!

View post on imgur.com

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/10/5a/bb/105abb97878293ef1c39c0f9c4597b41–k-imperial-guard-gaming-memes.jpg

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/454652524854765253/

Questions to follow tomorrow but the rules! Yes, the rules!

For those of you not familiar with this thread format; it is a virtual hangout to post, chat, and interact on a deeper level than a ‘show and tell’ thread. First we make a pledge as to what we will do this weekend, I shoot up some questions for people to answer to stimulate conversation, we throw up links to music videos, and I dole out points to decide a winner of the thread at the end of the week.

There are some rules: don’t be a jerk. That’s the main one. If you do not like the format, the style or idea, then please don’t post. Participate! This is an inclusive thread moving on from the weirdness that went on in the past. No swearing, keep things politically correct, no religion, politics or wuss rock. I think that some up most of it. Ill stick to the normal format as I imagine I will be relatively busy with this weekend.

Have fun!

I know it’s a copy and paste job but I need to head to bed and have this already prepared for tomorrow in case I am busy.

Ladies and gentleme, bon appetite!

limburger
    21626xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hi de Hi Folks !

Q: What’s green and runs in your direction ?

A: An Orc horde

Q: What’s green and stinkin’ and barely appears to be moving towards you ?

A: An undead Orc horde … papa Nurgle would be proud.

So shoot me … I’m feelin’ orcish, ’cause I got my green undead horde.

So you’re probably going to want one of these :

Music :

biggabum
    4565xp
    Cult of Games Member

aaaaaannnnnnddddd breath. Its been a bit of a mixed week at the bum household this week. Mrs bum hasnt been very well, so has needed more attention than she usually does…. and I broke her wheelchair (these things have a max weight limit dont ya know 😀 ). We had water pouring through the kitchen ceiling by the light, so emergency electrician disconnected the light and tells me that the floor of the wet room has come away from its seal (??? Ive seen a few spiders in there but no seals, but have been leaving fish by the door for it just in case it gets hungry). Discovered that its not a great idea to go to the gym on a hot day before a blood test due to dehydration and the plebotomist being unable to find a vein…. and it flippin hurts while the try to dig one out. On the plus side My daughter has been told she’s in line for promotion to Senior Carer and she has’nt even finshed he probation period yet. It was Chris bum’s 20th birthday and he managed to complete and pass his Princes Trust Course…. really proud of that as out of the fifteen who started he was one of the only three to finish. Oh and I managed to finish my Hex Beasts which wasnt expected, but I managed to find some free time when everybody else went to bed… Yay Me zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz….

DSC_0176

Anyhoo this weekend my pledge is to get a game in at some point…. bet ya wern’t expecting that 😀

And on to @limburgers questions

1) Matty’s nose in the winter

2) I have no idea, but it’s lurking in the corner of Matty’s bedroom

😀

Take care guys see ya later

limburger
    21626xp
    Cult of Games Member

LOL … I doubt it was that kind of seal he was talking about.

OTOH … it’d be funny if it was.

Kind of like how nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition …

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

The Questions!

(1) Orcs of Dwarves? Why!

(2) Your event to play in: Competitive, Narrative, Cooperative?

(3) Favourite type of multi-player game? Teams? Free-for-all? One against many?

Thanks!

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@limburger (25 points)

No pleeeeedge? 5 points for first post.

5 points for counter questions.

10 points for the dead south. Can’t listen to the other music at the moment based on where I am.

5 points for the Spannish Inquisition.

@biggabum (20 points)

Jeepers dude you have a lot going on. Thanks for sharing, chin up, and stay healthy 5 points.

15 points for the Hex dudes. 5 for the pledge. 5 for answering @limburger ‘s questions

limburger
    21626xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge ? oh … unpacking my undead Orkses of course. 🙂
    I’m also trying to understand the ‘Powered by the Apocalypse’ style rules for RPG’s.

And currently playing “Cultist Simulator” on pc. It’s the kind of solo card game that can only ever exist on pc.

Dwa … *eh* Orks. of course. Orks is good. Dead good in fact (and good dead too).
    Stupid stunties wiv them axes be bad. *ahem*

I prefer narrative or coop events. ’cause they’re less likely to trigger my inner meany.

Teams. One against many is ok, but then I’d have to be the immortal and unkillable powerful one (which is why I prefer single player games).
    Fortnite is kind of fun, but the one-life mechanic means I’m waiting more than I’m playing.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@limburger (25 points)

Glad we could get formalities out of the way @limburger lol 5 points

What are the rules like? Sounds interesting.

(1) 5 points! Interesting albeit short for an answer.

(2) 5 points. Tell us more! Any particularly good ones you were at lately?

(3) Teams work. If its like a multi-player 40k then someone gets bullied inevitably. 10 points. Played fornight but it doesent appeal to me. Waiting?

limburger
    21626xp
    Cult of Games Member

The rules for what ? Cultist simulator ?

well … that’s tricky, because it kind of spoils the game.
    This link has a bit of info : https://kotaku.com/in-cultist-simulator-death-is-only-the-beginning-1826452720

The undead Orkses are part of the Zombicide Green Horde kickstarter (soo many good looking games and soo little time to play … my wallet hates me).

So … it’s zombicide with undead orks. And everyone loves undead and orks, right ?

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@limburger (5 points)

Ok fair enough. 5 points for lack of spoilers.

I’d imagine they are tough to combat. Zombicide is a hard enough game at times. That was a super successful KS right? Your wallet needs a second lease of life.

limburger
    21626xp
    Cult of Games Member

@mage : don’t worry about my wallet … she’s fine for now.
    I did have to promise no more kickstarters, but I’m not sure if I can keep that one. Maybe next month ?

Cultist Simulator has a Lovecraftian theme. Except instead of going mad while investigating Ctulluh & co … you’re trying to start a cult and attempt not to die or go mad.
    First attempt ended in death because I didn’t watch my health.
    Last attempt had me end up as the sacrifice … *oops*
    It’s an interesting game where you need to balance work, health and research into the occult.
    Definitely not easy, but the lore is interesting (and Creeepy with a capital C).

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Sounds cool!

With my son up to visit my pledge is going to have limited time. I will be working on my Chaos Knights from last week. Updated pictures to follow

limburger
    21626xp
    Cult of Games Member

Some music to hobby by :

a27cromwell
    3181xp
    Cult of Games Member

Tanks-at-the-Battle-of-the-Bulge-31. Orcs or Dwarves  , I guess Dwarves cause they look like human tanks , at least some of them did in LOTR .

2. Sorry never played in  or have ever wanted to play in any type of event .

3. Well I have played the odd game of 2 against 2 in X Wing and a couple of times we played a game of 3 different factions trying to gain control of a derelict ship . We worked out a method using 2D6 to move the wreck after each player decided their ships actions but before they , moved  much fun was had as more often than not someone  flew into the wreck and lost a ship

I have no idea how to post links to music , but right now I’m listening to Ghost’s new album , Prequelle .

This weekend I’m starting work on converting and painting BA  plastic Fallschirmjager and the German seated figures into tank riders , got an idea of putting them  on a Tiger II like those pictures from the Battle of the Bulge . I also have a Panzer IV , Panther D and a 1/100 scale Stuka in line for paint , decals and some detailing . And I got 4 more of those garden gnomes to finish painting , which  will make 9 of those little buggers I’ve painted so far . I think I might need an intervention … Don’t know why  the picture ends up at the top not the bottom where I wanted it

biggabum
    4565xp
    Cult of Games Member

Mornin all….uhhhhm unless it’s not morning anymore in which case Hey.

@limburger Oh not that kind of seal you say? I did think I could hear this cooming from the loo last night…

@mage yeah this weeks been a bit of a pain. I’m the family Taxi, Bank, Medic, Cook Cleaner, errand runner, gardner, babysitter, and odd job man (and most of the jobs I do are odd), so I dont have a lot of time anyway and when extra stuff crops up it can be a little tiring to say the least  . The Hobby keeps me sane…. well, sort of.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not moaning or complaining. Weeks like this past one are few and although tired a lot of the time I’m extremely happy and content.

And thanks mate, with all this going to the gym (yep I still manage to fit it in… albeit at 7 am), i’ve never felt so good health wise and I must be losing weight because now when I have a shower my toes get wet 😀

@a27cromwell Do you make the Gnomes yourself? When I was a youngling my owd Dad (sadly gone now) used to make his own, and had about 50 rubber moulds of varying sizes in his shed (only used about 5 though). They weighed a ton because he couldnt get on with the plaster they recommended so he made them out of cement…. Funnily enough they never got stolen out of the front garden.

So on to the questions

Dwarves, they’re short, fat and grumpy, sort of like me really.

Mmmm not a fan of co-operative games, I’m a bit stubborn and a bit of a control freak and certainly too argumentative for my own good which isn’t good recipe for co-operating with other players…especially if somebody else is the leader 😀

I would have to say Narrative but Competative. I like a good story behind my games and love campaigns with their bonuses/penalties for winning or losing and while it doesnt bother me to lose (I’m certainly well paracticed) I am not going down without a fight.

Another good question and I suppose the answer is similar to question 2 regarding team games….I’m too much of an Ass to play in a team. As for the other two they tend to mean the same for me nowadays. We start off Free for all and then everybody gangs up on me 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)