Skip to toolbar

Email notifications borked?

Home Forums Technical Support Email notifications borked?

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42848xp
    Cult of Games Member

I haven’t gotten any email notifications since June 8th and there has definitely been posts in the forum on threads I’m subscribed to. The newsletter arrives fine but forum notifications or mentions do not come through.

collins
    16345xp
    Cult of Games Member

im seeing more and more posts about things not working as intended, is everything alight in the digital realm of colraine? I have noticed the new captcha though to stop spambots so stuff must be happening in the background

sundancer
    42848xp
    Cult of Games Member

And as is tradition in bug reporting: as soon as I file a complaint things start working again. Let’s see how this fares 🙂

sundancer
    42848xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh but now notifications don’t show the username from the forum but the real name.

Example: @orinoco commented on my BT project but in the notification mail it said:

Da* *rt posted a new comment for the discussion your following on

That is odd.  The seems only to apply to notifications via project system. The notification about @collins reply here said:

collins wrote:

Machine spirit is weird. Email templates inconsistent?

collins
    16345xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yeah my notification for this said ‘sundancer mentioned you…’ rather than ‘Tim mentioned you…’

post on one of my projects and I’ll reply with how it says in the email

collins
    16345xp
    Cult of Games Member

the post you put up sent a notification saying ‘sundancer posted…’

dumb question, in your account details do you have your ‘real name’ as sundancer too?

sundancer
    42848xp
    Cult of Games Member

the post you put up sent a notification saying ‘sundancer posted…’

Thought as much.

dumb question, in your account details do you have your ‘real name’ as sundancer too?

Actually yes. And I really can’t remember if it said “real name” when I signed up or not.

pagan8th
    Participant
    10733xp

Are you Sundancer because of the native america tradition?

According to wikipedia… (but I also saw it a comic years ago)
    “Typically, the Sun Dance is a grueling ordeal for the dancers, a physical and spiritual test that they offer in sacrifice for their people. According to the Oklahoma Historical Society, young men dance around a pole to which they are fastened by “rawhide thongs pegged through the skin of their chests.”

sundancer
    42848xp
    Cult of Games Member

No. Much longer and more boring story. Came from the very early days of IRC. Stuck with it. SunDancer (capital D) almost everywhere… or SunDancerGE if the prior is taken.

orinoco
    5362xp
    Cult of Games Member

I seem to be having a similar problem with subscriptions to things like XLBS not sending me comments after I subscribe to follow up comments or replies.

Darius Fanfart

sundancer
    42848xp
    Cult of Games Member

AFAIK you can only subscribe to forum topics. Comments don’t really do anything unless someone mentions you. But I might be wrong on this. At least there is no “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” button beneath the XLBS

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)