Skip to toolbar

BattleTech: Mercenaries – CGL does a shipping booboo? Internet rages!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion BattleTech: Mercenaries – CGL does a shipping booboo? Internet rages!

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 138 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  limburger 4 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 139 total)
  • Author

limburger
    21574xp
    Cult of Games Member

The update reads like most of it will be for USA based backers …

Buckle up, ’cause it’s gonna be a long one.

sundancer
    42670xp
    Cult of Games Member

An update on the Kickstarter.

Boiled down it is the following:

• US/Canada hubs are stocked and will start shippen some soon(ish)
    • RotW hubs still need stock. Will ship “some time”

That’s it.

dawfydd
    11897xp
    Cult of Games Member

See, this has blown my mind somewhat – nearly *every* other KS I’ve backed with multiple shipping hubs, going right back to the earliest projects over 14 years ago, would ship stock direct from the factories in China to the regional hubs. Hell, that’s what the Clan Invasion KS did.
    Yet for this one, going off the language used in the updates, they (or Quartermaster) shipped everything to the States and now they have everything in hand will be shipping to the hubs. No wonder shipping is nuts, international backers are having to pay for a whole extra shipping step >_<

sundancer
    42670xp
    Cult of Games Member

My guess is they (CGL) want to inspect all the product before it goes out. IIRC there was a big problem with some items in the Clan Invasion KS. Dice and some maps I think.

It’ll take some time for stuff to get here

dawfydd
    11897xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh that’s right – the custom dice were kinda crappy from CI

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2044xp

This is why I don’t do KS. Far too many end up on The Gong Show …

limburger
    21574xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nah, the vast majority of crowdfunding is handled damn near perfect. Delays tend to be common, but f*ck ups of epic scale are very rare.

Anyways … this one has had communication issues since day 1 as far as shipping is concerned.

I really wonder if they understand that their are (plenty of) backers outside of the USA, because the latest update fails to mention any useful info at all. If they really intend to ship to the USA and then to RotW then those insane shipping prices are making sense.

The only reason to do so would be to avoid the troubles with the terrorists and thugs that force ships to take the long way around africa. But I kind of doubt they understood that part … and if they did I would have expected them to tell us.

I’ve seen single person kickstarters run better than this one.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2044xp

Maybe it’s just that the ones that go spectacularly bad stand out? It’s like watching normal trains all day, but the one everyone deep inside wants to watch and not be on, is the train that flies off the bridge into a stunning fireball 🙀

tankkommander
    Participant
    6394xp

CGL being CGL. Always half truths and outright lies. I never got an answer when I asked them where the UK hub is located, or that it even exists, so I don’t believe anything they say.

jamescutts
    6860xp
    Cult of Games Member

Latest update from Quarter Master Logistics

BattleTech: Mercenaries from Catalyst Game Labs has commenced packing and shipping this morning!
    This is quite the undertaking, our largest single project to date, so we’ll have updates on this and other projects that are shipping alongside in the coming weeks!449039828_979732990604970_1268663834023479487_n

jamescutts
    6860xp
    Cult of Games Member

I asked the following on the above post

What about the rest of the world that exists outside the USA?

this was the response I received

This feed is generally for updates regarding what’s leaving our Orlando warehouse. Updates regarding other regions will likely be through KS or through those shipping warehouses as they become ready.

I would appear the company whos profile explicitly states “worldwide” logistics has a very narrow definition of worldwide 😀

In seriousness, I’m not that bothered as its CGL who should be providing (a lack of ROW) updates but really? Would a small response on the current status have been that hard?

sundancer
    42670xp
    Cult of Games Member

I would appear the company whos profile explicitly states “worldwide” logistics has a very narrow definition of worldwide 😀

Well. A sentiment like “The US is our world” would explain a lot XD

limburger
    21574xp
    Cult of Games Member

yeah … it’s sad, but CGL isn’t the only American company with a very narrow world view 🙁
    It kind of feels like they really don’t want to bother with non-US territories,but they can’t avoid it.

pagan8th
    Participant
    9842xp

I don’t think that’s true @limburger… as they want your money, but not the hassle of delivering you the goods.

I’ve seen kickstarters before where they say ‘free shipping in US’ (except hawaii and alaska of course) and to me that means that they are overcharging the rest of the world on shipping to give it free in america.

And that is why I tend to only back UK based kickstarters… although I back few of those now. Finite time, storage and money…

sundancer
    42670xp
    Cult of Games Member

Finite time, storage and money…

Story of my hobby life.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 139 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)