Skip to toolbar

BattleTech: Mercenaries – CGL does a shipping booboo? Internet rages!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion BattleTech: Mercenaries – CGL does a shipping booboo? Internet rages!

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 275 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  grantinvanman 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 271 through 276 (of 276 total)
  • Author

jamescutts
    6903xp
    Cult of Games Member

I was actually rather happy with the latest update, they have clearly taken onboard feedback that we would like more frequent updates, naturally there will be less to report in them as only so much can happen in a weeks time. I think given they are giving some estimates as being in weeks along with a aim of retail before Christmas suggests they a working to get things moved around as quick as they can, presumably via airmail.

I think claiming they are using the hurricane as an excuse is quite distasteful given its sadly already resulted in fatalities.

QML are based in Orlando, right in the middle of the hurricanes path, I can only hope all of those employees remain safe and I would never value some plastic toys over their lives and livelihoods.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2121xp

The hurricane has shut Disney for what is only something like the 10th time for storms; it was shut twice for September 11th and the pandemic. Pretty rare. Lots of tornadoes in Orange County where it is located, near Orlando. Hopefully QML and staff are ok.

Other than US and Canada, this should not affect the world though, right?

Got my box yesterday. First impressions are the minis are far better than expected . The plastic is actually hard, not even a little bit flimsy, which means they will paint up nicely. Also some good coupons in the box, to get more stuff, like the Iron Wind metals.

lonkelo
    3195xp
    Cult of Games Member

The aftermath of hurricane Kirk should be hitting Western France I think. But I don’t know how strong the winds are by now.

limburger
    21642xp
    Cult of Games Member

The thing that I find odd is the thing that @sundancer highlighted as well.

It’s as if they have been collecting all of the stuff that was supposed to ship to EU (and other hubs) in the USA before sending it to the hubs.

I’m guessing that they’re using far more 3rd party suppliers than I had thought was possible (or even advisable to be honest).

It would explain a heck of a lot like the high cost of shipping (worst case things have to ship from manufacturing in EU to USA and then back to EU via hubs to backers).

Why they chose to do this is a bit of a mystery.
    I’d say such a concept is nice for a small company with a few customers, but it would not scale at all. It’s almost as if they’re trying to run a physical production company like it doesn’t matter where everyone is located and that’s absurd (to say the least).

With stories from the USA about (at least?) one company forcing their employees to stay or face being fired I’m not sure how CGL and QML will respond to the incoming hurricane. I hope they chose live over product, but I’m not sure they would.

@grantinvanman you got stuff ? I’m assuming you’re USA based. Pictures would be nice. IF only to remind us that the product actually exists. Did you get the big Mad Cat as well ? That’s kind of the main reason for backing this one 😀

jamescutts
    6903xp
    Cult of Games Member

Its not too odd when you read all the previous updates @limburger the updates have stated moving stock around to address shortages along with new production, production from China for the stock shortages is going direct to the hubs but and a may very well be wrong there’s also a few US based suppliers covering some of the swag related items (which seems to be a lot of shortages). Reading a bit between the lines it might be that any US based production is getting distributed to the hubs via QML?

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2121xp

Sorry @limburger – I bought a starter box off of Amazon. That’s all. It was a page back I said all this battletech talk got me wanting to get some, too.

I can’t see any company forcing people to stay. All officials were literally telling people to go or die. The coast was more likely to have worse outcomes, of course, but the amount of tornadoes stirred up by the storm hit from west to east and through central Florida. Something 2million without power in coastal regions.

Viewing 6 posts - 271 through 276 (of 276 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)