Skip to toolbar

BattleTech: Mercenaries – CGL does a shipping booboo? Internet rages!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion BattleTech: Mercenaries – CGL does a shipping booboo? Internet rages!

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 208 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  limburger 5 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 209 total)
  • Author

jamescutts
    6889xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve see that too @dawfydd the prices can be all over the place, I got the proliferation cycle box for £20 which was a steal.

I think its a symptom of CLG not having any UK/EU distribution hubs to keep a constant supply going along with on demand production. Retailers get things in bits and bobs and sales can be sporadic, sometimes things sell out quickly others they hang around but the retailers order in as its hard to tell when it will next be around, so things inevitably get reduced to sell.

sundancer
    42779xp
    Cult of Games Member

yarp, CGL hasn’t had prober distribution like forever in the EU. And it makes zero sense.

tankkommander
    Participant
    6398xp

Nice to see the stuff appearing on Amazon before it gets to backers.

dawfydd
    11905xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nothing showing that I an see on Amazon UK….

limburger
    21628xp
    Cult of Games Member

probably Amazon.com …
    I wouldn’t be surprised if USA backers are selling their stuff, as there’s always folk who back kickstarters and then sell it.

jamescutts
    6889xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yes its always worth remembering Amazon is a market place, unless it says sold by Amazon, anyone can setup and sell on there. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a US backed who received their stuff to just then put it up on Amazon.

sundancer
    42779xp
    Cult of Games Member

The amazon link in the KS comments is just a pre order with delivery date December 2024. So people just going bonkers about nothing.

tankkommander
    Participant
    6398xp

It has been changed. It originally showed as ‘in stock’ from Amazon (not a reseller).

tankkommander
    Participant
    6398xp

It has been changed. It originally showed ‘in stock’ from Amazon.

limburger
    21628xp
    Cult of Games Member

at this point it would not surprise me though if it were official …

lifestream apparently mentioned that they’re waiting on an update from QML regarding shipping.

I really really don’t understand why they can do a lifestream, but can’t post a summary in the kickstarter as an update.
    Heck, uploading the video to youboob and linking it in the kickstarter would have been sufficient.

frankelee
    Participant
    1363xp

Sometimes… It’s like people need to pay more attention in general. People make this same weird conspiracy claim just about every Kickstarter too. If you use Amazon, if you use Kickstarter, if you buy tabletop gaming products… none of this should need explained. I was discussing this with a friend, who admittedly only really does Battletech for gaming, and he was wondering if they would start selling product before backers got theirs delivered, I told him street dates are pretty common, they won’t be selling them early. I get a little side-project dice game meant for B&N got sold by a distributor early to B&N because Catalyst slipped up on paying attention and updating the little side-project dice game’s distributor info, but come on. It’s mostly based on a conspiracy theory conjectured on by a former Catalyst author as sour grapes.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2101xp

@frankelee ELVIS IS THE REASON … with Hinckley, Reagan, and someone else as co-conspirators. Clearly…

?

sundancer
    42779xp
    Cult of Games Member

Bubba Ho-Tep!

tankkommander
    Participant
    6398xp

Bob Dobbs knows the truth.

sundancer
    42779xp
    Cult of Games Member

Update on the KS as of today:

International Shipping

• VAT has been secured for the UK and EU. We are waiting on one more document to clear for the UK.
    • Hubs are counting inventory and providing understock/shortage reports (due Monday)
    • Then, final shipments for any stock shortages will be sent to each hub. Shipments will take 2-4 weeks depending on location and size of shipment
    • Once that is complete, regional fulfillment begins

So I’m not holding my breath that RoW will get anything delivered before the end of October 2024. At the same time most US backers will have their pledges delivered. Sad.

And in addition to that:

Cookbook
    It was recently reported that a majority of the recipes in the soon-to-release BattleTech Cookbook were compiled from internet sources. This is correct. The contractor assembling the cookbook relied on relaxed copyright protection concerning internet-published recipes. Our own investigation into this turned up a lot of confusion and uncertain procedure, but at the very least our preference would have been to publish a credits/source listing as part of the copyright page.

While this has been corrected in our ebook version of the BattleTech Cookbook, it was missed on the print version. Still, we are frustrated by this oversight. As such, Catalyst Game Labs will donate all profits from this product among several charitable organizations.

We are grateful to the community for its understanding and ongoing support.

So basically CGL paid someone to “make us a cookbook” and that person just grabbed what ever they could find on the internet. Grand! Could they have fumbled any more?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 209 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)